Town of Tewksbury
Important information regarding Your Tax Bill
Under “An Act to Address Challenges Faced by Municipalities and State Authorities Resulting From COVID-19,” Chapter 53 of the Acts of 2020, the Town has adopted local options to extend due dates for real and personal property tax payments and a waiver of fees and interest on certain municipal tax and other bills paid by June 30, 2020. See below.
1. The due date of your real and personal property tax bill has been extended to June 1, 2020. June 1, 2020 is the new due date even if the due date for payment on your previously mailed tax bill is May 1, 2020.
2. The Town has also voted to waive interest and penalties for late payment of any excise, tax, betterment assessment or apportionment thereof, water rate or annual sewer use or other charge added to a tax for any payments with a due date on or after March 10, 2020 where payment is made late but before June 30, 2020. This applies to late payments of bills that have a due date of March 10, 2020 or after, when such bills are paid late but paid on or before June 30. This waiver of interest does not apply to bills with due dates before March 10, 2020 or if the bill is not paid by June 30. So if you have a bill that was due before March 10 or if you do not pay your bill by June 30, 2020 this waiver of interest and penalties will not apply.
NOTE – Even if the municipal offices are closed on the June 1, 2020 extended due date for tax payments as a result of the outbreak of the 2019 novel coronavirus or the declaration of a state of emergency issued by the governor on March 10, 2020, the due dates for tax payments remains June 1, 2020.
- You may pay your bill online by visiting https://www.tewksbury-ma.gov,
- You may pay your bill through your banks bill payer service. You must include your bill number(s) on the memo line to ensure your payment is applied properly and not returned to you,
- You may mail check payment to: Town of Tewksbury Treasurer/Collector’s Office, 11 Town Hall Avenue, Tewksbury, MA 01876,
- You may utilize the drop box located outside the Town Hall Annex.
As we are looking at the best way to process payments while practicing safe social distancing or teleworking, please be patient as we will likely experience delays in processing.