The Annual Town Meeting for the election of Town Officials shall be held on the first Saturday of April, and polls shall be open from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, except when Easter Sunday falls on the day following the first Saturday of April the said election shall be held on the second Saturday of April as above provided.
The AnnualTown Meeting for consideration of warrant articles shall begin on the first Monday in May at 8:00 PM and conclude at 11:00 PM, except as provided below. Subsequent meetings shall begin at 8:00 PM on Wednesday and Thursday of the same week and conclude at 11:00 PM, except as provided below. The same schedule shall be observed in following weeks, if necessary. No business shall be conducted after 11:00 PM, at any session except to complete action on the article or departmental budget then under discussion.
The Annual Town Meeting shall be divided into three sections.
- Article 1. Annual Town Election – Accomplished in April.
Section Two shall begin on the first Monday in May at 7:30PM and shall include the following articles:
- Article 2. Elected official salaries
- Article 3. Consent calendar
- Article 4. Budget article
- Article(s). Budget related articles
- Article(s). Amend Personnel by-laws
- Article(s). Amend Town by-laws
- General articles
If Section Two is completed before 11:00 PM the Annual Town Meeting shall adjourn to Wednesday at 7:30 PM to act on Section Three articles.
- Amend zoning by-laws
- Burial Permits
- Business Certificates (DBA)
- Census Information
- Dog License Information
- Election & Voter Registration
- Fee Schedule
- Helpful Town and State Telephone Numbers
- Hunting And Fishing Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Open Meeting Law
- Parking Clerk
- Pothole / Mailbox / Property Damage Claims
- Public Records
- State Ethics and Conflict of Interest
- Town Meeting Information
- Town Meeting Minutes
- Vital Records - Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates