- Dog License Application
- Dog License Application (Multiple Dogs)
- MA General Law Related to Licensing of Dogs
- Tewksbury Dog Bylaws
Highlights of Dog Bylaws
- (MGL CH.140 SEC.137 AND TOWN BYLAWS CH. 6.04 DOGS): A dog six months old or older shall be licensed yearly.
- The license is valid for one (1) year, January 1 to December 31, and must be renewed annually.
- Certificate of current rabies vaccination required (unless currently on file)
- Certificate of spaying or neutering required (unless currently on file)
- Licensing fees are as follows:
|Dog license renewals are due by March 15th, after which late fees will be assessed.|
|January 1st - March 15th||March 16th – July 1st||July 2nd – December 31st|
|Spayed or Neutered||$15||$20||$30|
|Not Spayed or Neutered||$20||$25||$35|
|Dogs that are new to the Town may be licensed at any time throughout the year without incurring a late fee.|
- If your dog(s) should have been licensed in the prior year, an additional overdue fine of $30.00 per dog is owed ($35 if your dog is not spayed or neutered).
- You may license your dogs(s) by mail or at the Town Clerk’s Office.
- LEASH LAW: No owner or keeper of any dog shall permit such dog to be at large at any time.
- There is a fine for impoundment of dogs picked up “at large”.
- Copies of the Dog Bylaws are available on the Town’s Website or at the Town Clerk’s Office.
- Burial Permits
- Business Certificates (DBA)
- Census Information
- Dog License Information
- Election & Voter Registration
- Fee Schedule
- Helpful Town and State Telephone Numbers
- Hunting And Fishing Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Open Meeting Law
- Parking Clerk
- Pothole / Mailbox / Property Damage Claims
- Public Records
- State Ethics and Conflict of Interest
- Town Meeting Information
- Town Meeting Minutes
- Vital Records - Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates
1009 Main StreetTewksbury, MA 01876