You may license your dogs(s) online, by mail, or at the Town Clerk’s Office.**We are only able to process dog licenses if we have a current rabies certificate and evidence of spay/neuter on file for your dog. If in doubt, contact 978-640-4355 or email email@example.com
Online Dog Licensing *NOW AVAILABLE*
Dog license renewals are due by March 15th, after which late fees will be assessed.
|January 1st - March 15th||March 16th – July 1st||July 2nd – December 31st|
|Spayed or Neutered||$15||$20||$30|
|Not Spayed or Neutered||$20||$25||$35|
If your dog(s) should have been licensed in the prior year, an additional overdue fine of $30.00 per dog is owed ($35 if your dog is not spayed or neutered). Dogs that are new to the Town may be licensed at any time throughout the year without incurring a late fee.
Highlights of Dog Bylaws
- (MGL CH.140 SEC.137 AND TOWN BYLAWS CH. 6.04 DOGS): A dog six months old or older shall be licensed yearly.
- The license is valid for one (1) year, January 1 to December 31, and must be renewed annually.
- Certificate of current rabies vaccination required (unless currently on file).
- Certificate of spaying or neutering required (unless currently on file).
- LEASH LAW: No owner or keeper of any dog shall permit such dog to be at large at any time.
- There is a fine for impoundment of dogs picked up “at large”.
- Copies of the Dog Bylaws are available on the Town’s Website or at the Town Clerk’s Office.