The Board of Registrars conducts the Annual Town Census by mail for the Town of Tewksbury. The information collected includes name, date of birth, and occupation. Census forms are mailed out in January and are due back to the Town Clerk's office within ten (10) days. For the convenience of dog owners, the dog license renewal application is attached to the bottom of the form. Pursuant to Massachusetts General Law, all dogs six months or older are required to be licensed annually.
Voters are required to return the form annually to retain their "Active" status on the voter list. If you are a registered voter and do not respond to the census, the Board of Registrars is required by law to move you to the "Inactive Voter" list. You will still be eligible to vote in Tewksbury, but only after completing an Affirmation of Current & Continuous Residence form and showing evidence (i.e. driver's license or other acceptable documentation) when you go to the polls or Town Meeting. Acceptable identification must include the voter’s name and the address at which he/she is registered to vote.
The information collected during the census is used by several town departments in the course of their daily work.
- The Census provides information to assure that the town receives its’ fair share of state and federal funds and grants.
- It is also used for calculating veterans’ benefits, housing for the elderly and other related veterans and elderly benefits.
- The school census provides projection for future enrollments and related benefits which allows school administrators to apply for additional state and federal funds and grants.
- Allows college students to apply for lower tuition at all Massachusetts state universities and provides proof of residence. By law we can only certify that you live in Tewksbury if you are listed in the census records. Owning property is not used for proof of residency.
- Burial Permits
- Business Certificates (DBA)
- Census Information
- Dog License Information
- Election & Voter Registration
- Fee Schedule
- Helpful Town and State Telephone Numbers
- Hunting And Fishing Licenses
- Marriage Licenses
- Open Meeting Law
- Parking Clerk
- Pothole / Mailbox / Property Damage Claims
- Public Records
- State Ethics and Conflict of Interest
- Town Meeting Information
- Town Meeting Minutes
- Vital Records - Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates