The Tewksbury Police Department offers various programs for self-defense throughout the year.
The R.A.D. Systems of Self Defense offers programs for women, children, men and seniors. These offerings provide a truly holistic approach to self defense education, supporting the necessity of continuous learning in order to provide realistic options for each population as they go through life. Each of these programs includes educational components comprised of lecture, discussion, physical resistive strategies. All of which are facilitated by certified R.A.D. Instructors supported by a network of dedicated professionals who honor one another’s student through our unique Lifetime Return and Practice Policy. (www.RAD-systems.com)
R.A.D is a nationally recognized program. TPD offers the standard basic personal defense training that is geared toward females aged 14 years and older. This program provides basic knowledge and skills for physical self-defense and builds confidence at the same time.
This is a 12 hour course held twice a year. It will be held in the evening form 6-9 pm over 4 nights. Class size is limited to no less than 10, and no more than 25 students who must be in good physical health. There will be physical activities each night that build up to a simulation activity during the final class.
- For information about Basic RAD (ages 14 and up), please contact Lieutenant Scott Gaynor, email@example.com.
- For information about RAD Seniors, contact Community Services Officer Jennie Welch, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information about RAD KIDS, contact School Resource Officer James Ryser, email@example.com.
Upcoming courses will be posted on the Tewksbury Police Department website.
* TPD does not currently offer RAD men.
** RAD KIDS is taught at the Trahan and North Street Schools in conjunction with the School Department as part of the health education curriculum.
- Abandoned / Unclaimed Property
- Arrest Log
- Child Passenger Safety
- Crime Prevention and Safety
- Firearms Licensing
- Helpful Links
- Incident Logs
- Massachusetts Alerts
- Police Athletic League (PAL)
- Police Officer Entrance Exam
- Press Releases
- Provide Feedback
- Self Defense Programs
- Sex Offenders
- Social Media
- Traffic Enforcement Request